Are you thinking about suicide? Here are 5 suggestions to consider:
- Wait. Decide not to do anything right now to hurt yourself. You do not have to act on your thoughts of suicide. Suicidal behaviour is an attempt to solve what feels like an overwhelming set of problems. When we are struggling to cope, our mind closes down on creativity and our problem solving skills become much more limited. Your thoughts and feelings CAN change.
- Talk to someone; it could be a friend or family member, or a support service of some kind. There are people who want to listen and who can help you
- If talking is difficult, there is online support here. Someone who wants to help you is just a click away.
- Try to keep yourself safe for now
- Spend some time thinking about what your reasons for living might be