the boy and girl had been “tortured” into making false claims, and said that their “minds were scrambled”.
A condition which in my experience, can be regularly seen in children who are influenced to say things and believe things that are not true about a once loved parent.
Whilst this case is extreme in its presentation, there are cases of false allegations which spiral up from innocent events in which children who are caught between warring parents or, in many cases, between one parent determined to eradicate the other. Children who are at the root of such situations, have often said or done something which has been taken by an angry parent who has misinterpreted what has been said as confirming their own deeply held beliefs about how bad the other parent is. When children are confronted by this parent’s reaction to what they have said, they can be brought to a place where they are scared of the consequences of not confirming what the parent assumes is being said. And it is at this point that a child can trip something that actually happened but which was not wrong and not damaging, into a full blown crisis. Once inside the family court system, staffed as it is with people who are largely trained to take the wishes and feelings of children at face value, this crisis will burn through the lives of all it touches like wildfire. The flames being fanned by the children who will, quite easily by now, embellish the original story and shift it and change it to meet the needs of the adults around them.
read more – Taken from https://karenwoodall.wordpress.com/2015/03/21/when-children-lie-and-why-they-lie-and-why-people-who-work-with-separated-families-should-know-that-they-lie-and-why/
Excellent post from http://www.brainwashingchildren.com/high-level-brainwashers/
There are degradations of parental alienation. The most severe type is perpetrated by High Level Brainwashers (HLBs).
These parents are ruthless in their efforts to eliminate their ex from the child’s life. They spend decades spinning tales of woe of what the ex did, labeling the ex every derogatory name imaginable, and doing everything possible to deny an ex physical access to “their” child.
Below is a list of the dominant characteristics and behaviors of HLBs:
- They dwell on the sins of the past. They simply cannot forgive any past grievances and ‘move on.’
- They are revenge-minded. They will commonly say things like, “I don’t get mad, I get even,” or “You’ll pay for this.” They have anger and aggression issues
- They are deeply unhappy people. Overall happy and positive people don’t dwell on negatives or allow past wrongs to weigh them down
- They have one or more psychological disorders. Bipolar, Munchausen by Proxy, or anxiety disorders
- They are frequently on medications like antidepressants to stabilize their negative moods
- They were abused or neglected as as children. The roots of an HLB’s bulldozing ways goes back to a dysfunctional childhood
- They are extremely selfish people. They are bad listeners, first and foremost. They are capable of completely disregarding the welfare of the child if it suits their own needs
- They view child as a possession. Ownership of and control of the child. They will micromanage the child’s life in the extreme
- They abuse the child on other levels. HLBs frequently physically and/or sexually abuse children as well. In short, they have no boundaries.
There is one final trait of the truly worst HLBs, and that’s the narcissistic parent. I didn’t include it in the list because only a sliver of the high level brainwashers are narcissistic. And these parents are the absolute worst abusers, and are true evil-doers at their core. They all lack a conscience. Read this article on the narcissistic parent.
HLBs are professionals at wrecking parent-child relationships. They are masters at turning their perceived victimhood into manipulative lies intent on destroying their own child’s love for the other parent. This mental child abuse that causes lasting scars, even when the child does one day realize the fraud and lies perpetrated onto them.