Can a Family Member apply for a Non Molestation Order?

Yes, a family member can apply for a Non Molestation Order

As per the government website (  on the date of the authoring of this article, it said that:

  • “You can apply if the respondent is a close family member, for example, a parent, brother, sister, aunt or uncle.
  • People who have parental responsibility for your child or grandchild
  • You can apply if you have a child or grandchild and the respondent is the child’s parent or person you share parental responsibility with.
  • If your child (or grandchild) has been adopted, you can also apply to get an injunction against their:
  • adoptive parent
  • anyone who has applied to adopt them
  • anyone the child has been placed with for adoption
  • Ø You can also apply for an order against the child or grandchild if they’ve been adopted.”

Leave a Reply, All comments will be moderated - Many thanks for your contribution

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.