Skip to content
- The Big Five personality traits are extraversion (also often spelled extroversion), agreeableness, openness, conscientiousness, and neuroticism.
- Each trait represents a continuum. Individuals can fall anywhere on the continuum for each trait.
- The Big Five remain relatively stable throughout most of one’s lifetime.
- They are influenced significantly by both genes and the environment, with an estimated heritability of 50%.
- They are also known to predict certain important life outcomes such as education and health.