Claiming compensation for harassment

If you have been harassed or put in fear of violence, you may be able to claim financial compensation (also called damages) from your abuser, by making an application to the county court. You can do this at the same time as applying for an injunction, or separately.

Your application for compensation should be made on a Form N1. You can get a Form N1 from your local county court or from the Ministry of Justice website. The Form N1 will ask you to set out your particulars of claim. This means explaining what is your relationship to your abuser, the history of harassment and the events leading up to you making the application.

One thought on “Claiming compensation for harassment

Leave a Reply, All comments will be moderated - Many thanks for your contribution

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.