20 Years of Serving Children and Families
Child and Family Law
For over 20 years we have specialised in working with children, parents and families. We recognise that family difficulties arise from the complex interplay between psychological, relationship, family and social difficulties. Through an in-depth understanding of attachment, child development, psychological pathology and family systems, we can offer a clear picture of how individual and parental behaviours function within families. We also consider the strengths, both within the individual and their families to offer clear guidance for the Courts.
- Objective assessments of parental capacity and risk of harm
- Specialist developmental and educational assessments of children of all ages
- Complex global family assessments
- We specialise in cases of non-accidental injury
- Our forensic experts are specialists in assessing parental risk factors
- Evidence-based assessments of parent-child attachment and parenting (CARE-Index, Child Attachment Interview, Story Stem)
- Assessments of parents and children of all ages and at all stages of the child protection pathway
- Attachment-based parenting assessments that give a clear picture of the trans-generational cycle of difficulties within families stemming from a parent’s own childhood experiences
- Assessments of parental protectiveness where there is abuse within a family and the capacity of a protective parent to make meaningful changes
- Diagnostic assessments of the factors contributing to parenting difficulties including adult mental health, personality and substance misuse problems.