YoungMinds Crisis Messenger
- Provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis
- If you need urgent help text YM to 85258
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
Mental health information, support and rights on the website.
Two helplines are available, Infoline and Legal Advice, Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00
Infoline can provide information on: types of mental health problem, where to get help, drug &
alternative treatments and advocacy.
- Infoline: 0300 123 3393 (Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00)
- Text: 86463 (09:00-18:00)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Advice line provides legal information and general advice on mental health related law covering:mental health, mental capacity, community care, human rights and discrimination/equality related to mental health issues. Call 0300 466 6463 (Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00)
- Email: email@example.com
- Provides care and emotional support for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers
- SANEline: 0300 304 7000 (16:30-22:30 every day)
- Peer support Forum
Provides mental health advice, information and support plus local service finder.
- Advice line: 0300 5000 927 (Monday to Friday, 10:00-14:00)
- A range of downloadable factsheets
- Support for anyone whose life is affected by someone else’s drinking.
- Helpline: 020 7403 0888
- Local meetings search feature on their website
- Al-anon also offers Alateen – a separate support service for 12-17 year olds, who have a problem drinker in their lives
- Infoline: 020 7593 2070
Nacoa (National Association for Children of Alcoholics)
- Information, advice and support for everyone affected by a parent’s drinking.
- Helpline: 0800 358 3456 (Fri, Sat, Mon -12:00-19:00; Tue, Wed, Thu –12:00-21:00)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scotland’s leading mental health charity providing information and support services.
- Provides free, safe, anonymous online support for young people – counselling, messaging, personal stories. Only available in certain parts of England and Wales.
- Children can confidentially call, email, or chat online about any problem big or small.
- Freephone helpline: 0800 1111 (open 24hrs)
- Sign up for a childline account to message a counsellor anytime without email.