Well as someone who has been on the receiving end of the delusions of these people, these people who think they are kind, I am here to tell you; the people who experience your unkindness do not think you are a kind person no matter what you believe.
I am here to tell you that:
- If you are only kind when it suits you, but you lash out in unkindness when you feel thwarted you are not a kind person.
- If you are only kind when you get your own way, but as soon as YOUR expectations are not met you retaliate with unkindness then you are not a kind person
- If you are kind as long as you get what you want but change into rage and spew vitriol the moment you don’t get what you want; then you are not a kind person
- If you don’t consider how the other person might be feeling on the receiving end of your verbal assault, then you are not only unkind but also thoughtless.
- If you get revenge on other people for not meeting your standards and expectations by punishing them with rejection or neglect or exclusion or any other kind of withholding behaviour you are not a kind person.
You don’t get to be a part time nice person.
- The test of a kind person is not during the times when things are going smoothly.
- The test of a nice person is how they behave during the difficult times.
- The test of kind person is how they act when they don’t get what they want, when things go wrong, when mistakes are made.
- The test of a nice person happens when they confront a shortcoming and how they respond in a non-combative way to work toward a solution.