In these troubled times we need to focus on the positive and look back at how far we have moved forward.
Take some time out to sit back and reflect of how much you have achieved since leaving your toxic ex behind.
How many years he held me back!!!!
Here is my own list and its still in progress:-
Age 19 to 30
- Had 2 beautiful children
- Renovated 4 properties whilst living in them
- Spent my time at home looking after the children
Age 30 to 40
- Finally managed to get rid of the ex after 14 years!!!!!
- Went to live In Switzerland, worked to save enough to buy a house starting from scratch with no savings or investments (came back to UK after 3 months)
- Got back on the career ladder after not being allowed to work for 12 years
- Secured a permanent position for a company in Milton Keynes
- Met my very best long time friend through work
- Managed to save enough to obtain a mortgage and purchase my own house.
- Went to college whilst working and obtained further qualifications
- Promoted to senior position based in Sweden/Zurich, traveled between UK, Sweden and Zurich
- Met my current husband and moved in together
- Purchased a brand new MGF with my bonus from work
- Wonderful holidays in USA, Yellowstone Park, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, California, Colorado, Texas, Mexico, The Maldives and the Caribbean.
- Champagne Balloon flight across Buckingham for 40th Birthday
Age 40 to 50
- Completed several training courses in HR and Training.
- Made redundant and started my own IT business.
- Secured many IT contracts with local companies.
- Got married to the love of my life in Las Vegas, honeymooned in the Grand Canyon.
- Sold my own house for a substantial profit.
- Sold our marital home and moved to France.
- Purchased our joint dream home in France .
- Took up photography.
- Met a Reiki Master who taught me Reiki and obtained my Master Reiki Certificate after 3 years study.
- Started doing Pilates.
- Started swimming 100 lengths everyday (only in the summer).
- Purchased a telescope and studied the stars.
- Bought our 2 beautiful golden Labradors.
- Met lots of new interesting friends.
- Started an online business in France.
- Continued to explore France, practice Reiki,enjoy life and relax.
- Had my 50th birthday in the Florida Keys
Age 50 to 60
- Retired from work.
- Started studying again.
- Created this website and joined forces with other alienated parents.
- Was asked to be a co founder of NAAP National Association of Alienated Parents.
- Walked the Camino de Santiago Santiago de Compostela.
- Had my first flying lesson .
- Had my 60th Birthday in Phi Phi Island Thailand, 3 days in Bangkok.
- Did my PADI certificate in Thailand, still to be completed.
Age 60 onwards
- Still studying , just completed my Counseling Diploma with 100% Distinction.
- Have 6 more courses to go.
- NLP Practitioner Course
- Advanced CBT Diploma
- Hypnosis Masters Diploma
- Life Coaching Diploma
- Emotional Intelligence Diploma
- and just for fun Make Up Artist Diploma
- Celebrating 29 years today 4th April first date with my husband
Still have many things I would like to achieve and hope I stay fit and well enough to do so.
So go ahead and write your list, and when your feeling like you just can’t take anymore take a look at how far you have come!!!!!!