The components of this “psychopathic charm” is difficult to define. But you can easily see it in movies that depict such individuals. Women who have a closely related set of traits, but without personal fearlessness, courage and ability to handle stress typical for sociopaths are grouped under the label Histrionic personality disorder. The researchers of this disorder proposed a useful mnemonic that makes it easier remember the behavioral characteristics that are somewhat typical for sociopathic charm. Of couse this is simplification, but still is a useful simplification. This mnemonic phrase is “PRAISE ME”:
- Provocative (or seductive) behavior; early and repeated attempts to breach the personal distance while not being acquainted for a long time. Often on the first meeting.
- Relationships are presented as more intimate than they actually are. “We are friends, aren’t we” trick. “We are adult people, aren’t we?” trick. “Tell me what you expect of a woman in bed?”.
- Attention-seeking behaviour, especially efficient when it comes along with physical beauty. Physical beauty is the trait that makes female sociopath so dangerous, as it disarm people. Direct and confident body language signals their interest in you.
- Influence others and adapts to them seamlessly. They listen attentively, ask simple “ice-breaking” questions. Smile, nod, and occasionally offer commentary like “Uh-huh” or “Yeah.” Ask follow up questions as well. Ask for clarification or further details on stories and personal information.
- Speech style is somewhat exaggerated, emotionally elevated with the goal to impress; lacks details, especially in their biography.
- Emotional lability; shallowness. Light flirt.
- Make-up, hair style, clothing, perfume, the whole physical appearance are well though out, elegant and are used to draw attention to self. They are always dressed up, sexy and radiate confidence. Such people are judged as better looking than average on first sight because they put more effort into their appearance, and the difference in attractiveness disappears when “dressed down” with bland clothing and without make up
- Exaggerated emotions; theatrical behaviors. They have a sense of humor and often make other person laugh. Many people are attracted to people with a healthy sense of humor.