Possible negative dynamics and consequences of an unhealthy rebound relationship may include:
- Entering into partnership based on weakness rather than strength.
- Increased emotional dependency or co-dependency.
- Psychological vulnerability to being manipulated.
- Psychological impetus to manipulate.
- Risk of narcissism and sexual narcissism (exploitation).
- Increased fear of rejection, abandonment, and trust.
- Increased pathology of using short-term solutions to hide deeper relational issues.