You or someone you know may be a victim of financial abuse. Here are some questions which might help you recognise if this is the case.
Has your partner/family member/carer or friend done any of the following things?
- Stopped you from going to work/college or university?
- Asked you to account for every single thing you spend?
- Stopped you from spending on essentials?
- Taken out credit cards or loans in your name?
- Spent your household budget on other things without telling you?
- Stopped you from having access to your financial services firm accounts or added their name to your accounts without authorisation?
- Made you put all the bills in your name?
- Cashed your pension or other cheques without authorisation?
- Asked you to change your Will?
- Stopped you from seeing other friends or family?
- Offered to buy shopping or pay bills but you don’t see this happening?