Why don’t we always act according to our values? Did that person behave that way because of their personality or because of their environment? Why do some groups have so much conflict and how can they live peaceably with one another? Can you predict which couples will stay together and which will separate? If you find questions such as these intriguing, you should consider studying and pursuing a career in personality and/or social psychology.
- What is social psychology? What is personality psychology?
- What kinds of things do personality and social psychologists study?
- How do they study them?
- What is the difference between basic and applied personality and social psychology research?
- How do you become a personality or social psychologist?
- What kinds of careers do personality and social psychologists pursue?
- How can I learn more?