- Narcissists are attracted to certain types of people.
- Rather than weak, vulnerable people, they tend to go for the strong-willed and talented.
- This is because they see it as a challenge, and they will find more entertainment in taking down someone impressive.
- They are also attracted to people who reflect well on themselves — they like to show off their partner in public, but abuse them behind the scenes.
- Ultimately, it’s all about control.
According to psychotherapist Karen Arluck, who was answering a post on Quora, generally speaking, most people with narcissistic personality disorder want to feel good about themselves, so they gravitate towards people who will make that happen. Either they will feel special through association, or they will feel powerful in taking down someone who appears mentally, physically, or emotionally strong.
There are four types of people who narcissists tend to be attracted to, according to Arluck: