THEY REGARD PEOPLE AS TOOLS.
Narcissists are not capable of genuinely caring for other people but only for themselves. They might be able to “fall in love” in a dizzying and exciting way at the beginning of the relationship but it won’t have the depth and dynamism that long-lasting unions need to last.
- Narcissists take advantage of people’s feelings and resources like tools to use until they no longer need these people in their lives.
- You will feel emotionally and mentally spent when you’re with a narcissist because they will encroach on your personal space and drain your energy.
- Since they’re not capable of a give-and-take relationship, the concept of compromising is non-existent to a narcissist.
- If you’re in a relationship with this kind of person, you will always be the one trying to adjust to what he wants because he will not give in – even the slightest – to what you want.
- When a narcissist gives you something, be aware that it is not meant to please you. In fact, you should be wary when a narcissist is being nice and giving. This action is likely for their own gain.
Narcissists are neither kind nor generous if there is nothing in it for them. They only invest in you if they are positive they can get something from you. This is a classic user mentality.