It’s quite easy to know if everyone is splitting a concept. Here are a few signs.
- The person thinks in absolutes or divides concepts into two opposing camps.
- This person believes that everyone is either good or bad. Never in-between or morally ambiguous.
- Believes that someone with a different viewpoint is against them. They also don’t entertain the viewpoint or look into it.
- Someone who splits can easily turn. They can turn into your best friend who idolizes you, but if you do something they don’t like, they may turn you into public enemy number one.
- They may think that by making fun of those who think differently, they are somehow improving their self-esteem.
- Someone who splits can change their mind over issues with a drop of the hat. Usually, it takes a bit for someone to change their mind, but someone who divides concepts may sometimes switch them easily. They may switch allegiance easily.
- They can’t keep a relationship, be it a friendship or their partners. This is because if a friend or partner disagrees with them, they are automatically their enemy.
- They may change moods easily. They may view their mood as either being happy or sad, calm or angry.
- Someone who splits may present themselves differently depending on the circumstances.