Why study Psychology?
- Psychology allows you to understand the principles of what makes people tick. Reliant on scientific methods, the statistics involved are tricky to understand, but worth it in the long run.
- You will be taught to think critically. A great deal of methods taught are focused on this outcome, which is a superb skill in one’s future career. Valuable in psychology, as well as in other careers, such as law.
- Psychology boosts your social skills. This understanding of the human condition is very useful in job interviews and workplace relationships. You’ll be getting that promotion in no time.
- Although it won’t necessarily boost your own mental health, it will allow you to diagnose issues among your family and friends. You could say it lets you read their minds…
- Psychology is a very employable degree. Contrary to the general belief that social sciences are dead ends, psychology can lead to law, social work, teaching, business and more.