Key findings from 2018
Our most recent report found:
- increases in police-recorded child sexual offences across the UK
- increases in child cruelty and neglect offences in all UK nations except Scotland
- increased numbers of children on child protection plans and registers over the last decade.
This year the report took a closer look at how safe children are online finding:
- almost a quarter of young people were contacted online by an adult they did not know
- over 3,000 crimes have been recorded by the police since the offence of communicating indecently with a child was introduced in England and Wales in April 2017.