The model outlines systems and factors which can affect a child, and guides psychologists in the best practice of how to consider these, make decisions and safeguard children.
This document is intended to:
- Guide safeguarding best practice for psychologists
- Help psychologists to think about thinking and decision-making;
- Be a professional resource for all psychologists throughout their careers;
- Be psychologically informed;
- Be reflective of the shift from child protection to thinking about safeguarding ALL children.