Relevant to a range of contemporary applications, the MMPI-2 instrument remains the most widely used and widely researched test of adult psychopathology. Used by clinicians to assist with the diagnosis of mental disorders and the selection of appropriate treatment methods, the MMPI-2 test continues to help meet the assessment needs of mental health professionals in an ever-changing environment.
Uses of the MMPI
The MMPI-2 test’s contemporary normative sample and extensive research base help make it the gold standard in assessment for a wide variety of settings. The test can be used to help:
1) Assess major symptoms of social and personal maladjustment.
2) Identify suitable candidates for high-risk public safety positions.
3) Give a strong empirical foundation for a clinician’s expert testimony
4) Assess medical patients and design effective treatment strategies.
5) Evaluate participants in substance abuse programs and select appropriate treatment approaches.
6) Support college and career counseling recommendations.