Traits of a Narcissistic Sociopath
How do you spot a sociopathic narcissist? Watch for certain traits:
- A driven quest for power. If a narcissistic sociopath cares about anything other than himself, it is destructive power and control over people.
- Behaviors that seek love and admiration. To be sure, this isn’t needy love. It’s not even emotional love. It’s superficial. A narcissistic sociopath sees love and admiration as power tools to manipulate and dominate (Do Sociopaths Even Have Feelings?).
- No apologies, no guilt, no remorse under any circumstance. A sociopathic narcissist believes that she is a gift to the world who makes it richer and more colorful. Therefore, her calculated, even cruel actions are always justified.
- Invincibility. The narcissistic variety of sociopath believes he is indomitable. Even punishment and prison can’t stop him. They’re merely part of the game.
- Wholly self-serving. The needs and wants of others are insignificant and undeserving of consideration.
- Act as the producer, director, and only actor of his own show. The narcissistic sociopath casts people in roles that increase his power and sense of importance and when bored, casts them aside.