What will Social Work England do?
The organisation will have three overarching objectives:
- To protect, promote and maintain the health, safety and wellbeing of the public.
- To promote and maintain public confidence in social workers in England.
- To promote and maintain proper professional standards and conduct for Social Workers in England.
Social Work England’s functions will include:
- Maintain a register of social workers.
- Run fitness to practise hearings.
- Set standards for initial education and training and professional standards, including standards of proficiency and continuous professional development.
- Take on regulation of Best Interests Assessors and Approved Mental Health Professionals.