To avoid unnecessary conflicts, psychologists suggest self-talk. This helps in setting back for a while and analyzing the given situation before reacting. This process gives way in balancing logical thinking and emotional reactions. As a result, people will learn to separate feelings from reality and can effectively express thoughts that are not hurtful to anyone.
When a person knows how to manage emotions effectively, he is often described as:
- Someone who have high emotional intelligence.
- Someone who knows how to effectively handle conflicts.
- Someone who has logical reasoning.
- Someone who has inner peace.
- Someone who is secure and confident about himself.
Becoming that person who knows how to control emotions, especially in public, is easier said than done.