You want to know why?
- You are waiting for someone to die
- Your parents raised you for eighteen or so years
- You have a crazy sense of entitlement.
- They might live longer than anyone thinks
What to Tell the Kids About Their (Lack of an) Inheritance
- It’s your money
- They need to go out and work
- Gifting is a very viable option
If you’re expecting an inheritance, it’s time for you to change your attitude about life. If you’re a parent of a child expecting an inheritance, it’s time to have a discussion about what’s going to happen with your estate. Inheritance is a gift of love, not a rite of passage.