Perhaps the most easily recognisable character traits of a Serial Bully are:
- Jekyll and Hyde nature – Dr Jekyll is “charming” and “charismatic”; “Hyde” is “evil”;
- Convincing liar – Makes up anything to fit his needs at that moment, and gets believed;
- Treats some people in a way that causes them unprecedented levels of stress, frustration and fear;
- Damages the health and reputations of organisations and individuals;
- Reacts to criticism with denial, retaliation and by feigning victimhood and blaming victims;
- Apparently immune from disciplinary action;
- Moves to a new target when the present one burns out or leaves.