Parental Alienation causes paranoia. How can you trust yourself if you can’t trust your parents? If I don’t trust myself, I lose my mind because I have no ‘real’ opinions or decisions. Living in gray is good, but when you live too much in the gray, you become paranoid and paralyzed. ‘Too many options, too many consequences. Best to stay put.’
Things to remember when combating paranoia/How to trust:
- What do you feel physically? Think: Stomach, body temperature, what are your hands doing? The more discomfort, the more possible danger.
- Have you experienced a similar situation and what was the outcome?
- Respect yourself. If you don’t love yourself, you won’t trust yourself.
- Make small decisions first to build up confidence for when making big decisions.
- Try new low risk activities and gauge how you handle it/what your successes are in perception of the activity.
- Don’t look too far forward in…
View original post 133 more words