I know how difficult it is to find the right therapist but I still believe that it is possible if you know what you need. So I try to answer here some questions that may encourage you to check the attitude of the candidate for your therapist; but please take this text as a draft and don’t hesitate to make comments or additions. (I decided to speak of the therapist as a “she,” but of course both genders are meant.)
- What do I need to overcome my plight?
- How can I know if a therapist is this kind of person?
- This idea scares me. Why don’t I dare to ask questions?
- I feel guilty because of my mistrust. If I can’t trust I will never find what is good for me.
- What do I risk by asking questions from the beginning?
- Which kind of questions am I allowed to ask?
- Is it a good sign if she tells me that she has read Alice Miller’s “Drama?”
- Am I not intrusive when I ask so many questions?
- With this position, am I then looking for an ideal that doesn’t exist?
go to the website to see the full list of questions:- https://www.alice-miller.com/en/faq-how-to-find-the-right-therapist/